Imaging Methods & Scheduling
Advanced MRI and MRS techniques in our system include a wide variety of non-invasive morphological, physiological, and biochemical and spectroscopic measures of small animals.
Imaging methods include
- Relaxometric measurements (T1, T2 and T2* mapping) for contrast agent development.
- Quantitative diffusion mapping (DWI) and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) for tumor studies.
- Quantization of vascular leakiness and permeability of tissue (tumors) using MRI contrast agents.
- Spectroscopic imaging 2D CSI (chemical shift imaging) of 1H metabolites to monitor cellular response to therapy.
- 1H Single voxel spectroscopic measurements using PRESS/STEAM/LASER methods for metabolites measurements.
- BOLD (blood oxygen level dependent contrast) measurements for animal fMRI studies.
If you are interested in initiating a new project and working opportunities, then please contact Dr. Khan Hekmatyar, Senior MRI Scientist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (404-413-3596).
ATIF reserves the right to fulfill requests depending on the availability of staff and the status of the scanner.
Requesting Scan Time:
All scan times must be requested at least two working days in advance.
All scan times are on a first come, first served basis. Please consult the ATIF calendar (under construction) for availability.
All lab personnel who enter the ATIF lab must complete the appropriate safety training.